Sunday, July 18, 2010

So many updates!

First the juicy gossipy stuff...

So my acupuncturist cancelled my Tuesday afternoon appointment saying that "something has come up." I was annoyed to say the least, but since we had an appt. scheduled for Friday, I let it go. No biggie. So then, Thursday afternoon as I'm wrapping up for the weekend, I get an email from him telling me that he's shutting the doors to his studio for good! I was obviously super annoyed at this news since I'm smack in the middle of my cycle, but then I started to wonder what the hell happened.

Well, he was arrested on 3 counts of indecent assuault on a female client. !!!!!! Read more here.. I was shocked when I found the article initially, but then it totally made sense as to why he shut his doors so fast. I can't believe that I've been working with him since January! I mean there were times that I've felt uncomfortable, but I blame that on the fact that I'm fairly modest and don't have a long history of working with males for anything medical or therapy related - I'm typically much more comfortable with females. He wrote back to me and told me his very brief side of the story. I still haven't written back to him because I'm not really sure what to say...It looks like he was released on bail on Friday; read more here. There are some strange things about this follow-up too. I mean, who waits until they've been groped in three areas before ending the appointment? And who does acupuncture in the nude? It doesn't really seem to add up to me, but that doesn't change the fact his business is ruined and I'm out an acupuncturist for this cycle.

Given the recent events, I'm not sure I want to spend the energy to try and find someone new. It seems like more of a hassle than anything else. I may just go back to the place that I tried out after the miscarriage and see if I can do a few sessions with them. They have another office that is across the street from MGH which would be advantageous for the sessions before and after the transfer.

Ok, on to the IVF stuff.

I had a follie check on Friday which showed that I had 4 measurable on the right and 9 measurable on the left and my lining was 7.8 - up from 6 during the previous check. This was a huge improvement from Wednesday. They upped my gonal-F dosage to 75, kept menopur at 75 and scheduled me to come back today.

Well today I had 9 measurable on the left and 9 measurable on the right. Two lead follices - a 15 and a 16 - one on each side. The rest of the follies were in the 10 - 12 range. My lining was only up to 8.2. This doesn't seem like the greatest improvement - especially considering they upped my dosage for the past 2 nights. I'll be curious to see what they say when they call with results and instructions this afternoon. I bet my dosages will stay the same and I'll be back in tomorrow. I really hope that I'm not stalling out this cycle - my response seems to be slowing and that is making me nervous.

Right now I'm thinking that I'll trigger tomorrow or Tuesday, but we'll see. I'm ready to get this show on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment