Thursday, August 9, 2012

Time for Change?

How do you know when it's time for a change? I don't mean time to change your hair style or throw out half your closet and go shopping, but big, huge lifestyle changes?

I've been thinking about this for awhile now. Something is calling in me to make a change. Something even bigger than "I want to lose 20 pounds" (I still do, ha!) but more like "I want to be a different, better, happier me." It's overwhelming to have these thoughts, actually. First of all, I don't even know how I would actually accomplish this, but secondly, it seems like it would be an all consuming (i.e. selfish) path. A path that doesn't necessarily jive with marriage and parenthood because when you are a wife and a parent you have more than just yourself to think about. I know that I'm better at self improvement when I can focus just on myself, but that's never going to be a reality for me again. So does that mean I can't change? I hope not.

A totally random list of things that I've been thinking about doing and or getting in to in the hopes of becoming a different, better, happier me:

Start a mom's group.
I'm lonely. I'll admit it. I wish I had more friends. I see kids as a great way to potentially meet like minded moms in the area. hopefully they like wine too. But none of the groups near me are open to working moms and I think that sucks. I'd like to do something about that.

Get my MBA
I manage an MBA program for a living. I probably should have mine. Work has not been awesome lately and I'm feeling that there is "more" out there for me. I'm feeling convicted to learn more about other industries, etc. Not sure why now, but it is what it is and I really should see where it takes me. It's free for me too. Not sure I'd be taking on huge debt to get an MBA, but when it's free? well, there is not much to argue with about that.

Join a CrossFit Gym
Crossfit seems like an awesome workout and gets people in to incredible shape physically. It seems like more than a workout. It seems to change people's lives. I'm running now and am looking forward to my two big races this fall, but it would be so neat to challenge myself physically in ways that I never have before. And the life changing part? Well that would be cool too. I'm the most scared about getting up that early in the morning!

Become a morning person
I waste so much time - especially in the mornings on the weekend. Having a kid has made me realize that I do require a certain amount of sleep, but maybe if I were more productive through my day, I'd actually be more energized and fall asleep easier and earlier at night and be able to be up and at em by 630/7am. My theory could be total crap. Or maybe it isn't. Don't know until you try, I guess.

Read 50 Shades of Gray
We are not connected right now in our marriage. I don't know that I really need to say any more than that.

So with that said I just realized that basically I want to be the 30 year old version of the popular, hot high school cheerleader - except smarter. interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment