Friday, January 8, 2010

moving on...quickly!

So we had our follow-up appointment with Dr. Pang yesterday and discussed the ugliness of last cycle. There wasn't a ton to discuss since we all knew what went wrong, so we focused a bit more on moving forward.

IVF #2 is officially underway! We came up with some good tweaks to our protocol in the hopes that I won't develop OHSS again. Dr. Pang did warn that people who have had it are prone to getting it again, but he's hoping that the tweaks that we make will prevent that from happening. We will start out on a much lower dose of the follistim and they will have me come in for monitoring one day sooner than normal. This approach already made me feel better.

We met with the nurse and went over the whole cycle, but it's looking like I could be in for the ER/ET the second week of February! I finally got AF today and I'm pretty sure it's going to be awful, but I'm hoping that I'll feel a million times better once she's gone and most of those hormones are out of my system. I'm really going to try and eat low carb/high protein over the next couple of weeks and see if I can get rid of some of this extra weight I've got on me right now because it's not pretty. Got back on the treadmill the other night too, which should also help me feel better before things really get underway.

So we switched to new insurance on 1/1. I knew this would cause some blips in the radar. And it doesn't help that my PCP switched offices effective 1/4. With my new insurance, I now need a referral to see Dr. Pang. I've spent this morning calling everyone and their mother to try and figure this out. I really hope that the referral comes through in time. Fingers crossed that this all works out.

We also now have to prove that we need ICSI in order for it to be covered. Apprently all but one of out actual counts for the 3 SA's we've had done were higher than the threshold for ICSI approval. Good news? Yes and no. They are now going to require Mike to do another SA so that they can hopefully get the results that we need to get ICSI approved. BCBS only looks at total sperm while RSC looks at total motile sperm - and let's be honest, they are not going to get the job done if they are not moving in the right direction, you know?

Many exciting things going on! I start taking BCP this weekend, I think. I'm still waiting for the nurse to call back with instructions. We shall see!

Here's to hoping that we have a little more luck the second time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment